Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Medicine Poet Amber Williams

Tonight's poem was written by Amber Williams. Amber was born and raised in the Quad Cities, with a brief detour in Albion, Michigan, where she received a BA in Anthropology.  She lives and works in Davenport, Iowa, where her home seconds as my collage studio. Amber is a member of the Desoto Pottery Studio in Rock Island, IL.



Such Things

I remember long
ago, before my
Atheism kicked in,
when Grandpa took
me on the back
of his four-wheeler
through the woods
behind the old
farm house. 

I asked him
who rested this tree
in the crotch of that one,
keeping the path
conveniently accessible. 

He said
it fell that way.

I looked up,
as we rode under,
knowing he was
wrong.  Clearly,
someone had a hand
in the placement
of such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment